We all love our pets. It’s true. We think about them at work, we come home to our best friends with treats, and love, and new toys. We even take them to Sonic with us so we can show off how cute they are to everybody and make them jealous. Pets have been known for years as “best friends” to humans, and that’s not counting how pets are therapeutically valuable, or even their value as service animals. Pets are one of the most adorable ways to see that people have a lot more love to give, but pet owners have been suffering.
Pet dander is one of the leading causes of allergies, and this is due to the proteins in the saliva of cats and dogs, as well as the dust from dried feces. (Gross!) Studies have proven that short haired animals produce the same amount of pet dander as long haired animals, so there are invisible hazards floating all around out house, laying on the surfaces, and suffering anyone that might show up with allergies. Did you know that pet dander stays in the air longer than dander from dust mites and cockroaches? In fact, pet dander can easily be carried outside the home, and into public places, due to its jagged shape and microscopic size, pet dander easily sticks to the clothes, hair, and skin of humans, and is naturally drug into hospitals, schools, and even places with no pets.
In this article, I have outlined the best hardwood floor vacuums for families with pets. I am a pet owner, and I have a mother that is allergic to cat dander, or more specifically, the Fel D 1-A and Fel D 1-B proteins found in cat dander. My wife and I spent years trying to keep up with the dander problem, couldn’t figure out why we were still suffering as much as we cleaned. These vacuum companies have advanced technology for pet owners, from adding filters that are designed to trap microscopic particles of dander that carry allergens, to specially designed brushes and parts that can work past the terrors of removing pet hair.
This past few months have been the greatest gift you could give a pet owner that was plagued by these issues. I have not had to even touch my cat hair, my air is noticeably cleaner and deodorized, and my vacuum even has a filter that traps allergens making it easier for my mother to come by for a few minutes without being bothered by the cat’s natural saliva proteins found in pet dander. I vacuum every other day, and I would recommend this vacuum to anyone with pet hair problems, and especially those with friends and relatives who are allergic to pets.
First up is my angel of mercy, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. This vacuum tells the truth. Your best friend shouldn’t be a negative thing, and the people at Bissell have a bead on our needs as consumers with pets, and from my personal experience, I would say they have nailed it. Our four-legged friend is happier, we are happier, and we can rest easy knowing that our air is cleaner, and our vacuum was designed to make cleanup as simple as possible. I have also outlined the features and reviews of two other vacuum cleaners that are designed to address the issues of pet owners, that I think will run a close race with the Bissell innovations implemented in my personal vacuum, just in case you want an expert opinion. I think the best vacuums for families with pets on any type of flooring will benefit tremendously from these models, and if you want a surefire way to win, I’d say that the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser wins hands down at $250.00, with proof and happy customers.
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser: Features
- SmartSeal Allergen System with Febreze – This is a patented air cleaning system designed to trap the microscopic particles of pet dander inside of your vacuum so that they don’t just blow back out into the air. The system is trademarked by Proctor and Gamble, and licensed by Bissell Homecare.
- A specially designed, larger tangle free brush roll, that does a completely unmatched job of removing pet hair, human hair, and other dirt and debris from any floor type. This unique addition to the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser makes a world of difference to pet owners. Specifically, pet owners with more than one pet, long haired pets, or breeds that are known to shed a lot, because you will very rarely have to get on your knees and physically untangle the hair from the roller.
- The Cyclonic Pet-Hair Spooling System – This feature makes emptying your vacuum a one step process, allowing pet owners to clean, and remove all of their dirt, debris, and pet hair, without ever having to reach in and touch the mess. I think this innovation alone has been a long time coming and is worthy of praise, to say the least. Bissell has over 140 years’ experience, and now is showing off the inevitable. “They have it”. Period. Simply push a button over the trash can, and voila! Your problems are gone!
- The Suction- Mode Dial – This is an excellent feature, allowing you to have the most powerful suction for cleaning, whether you are using the floor mode, designed to focus all of the vacuum’s power on the floor, cutting off the suction flow to the attachments, and giving you a more directed, more powerful tool for your floors. This feature can also be beneficial when switched, giving your tools and attachments more power to get the job done.
- The Funk Fresh Odor Eliminator – This amazing little gadget is a two in one for your furniture. Remove pet hair, dirt, AND odors with this attachment, or use it by itself right before company comes over for a quick fix.
- The Scoop and Sweep Tool – A must has for cat owners on hardwood floors or laminate, making the cleanup around your litter box a super easy job. This tool has been specifically designed for pet food, cat litter, and other dry spills.
- The Shed Away Pet Tool – Depending on whether or not your dog thinks the vacuum cleaner is the bad guy, this tool was designed to brush your dog with, and remove pet hair and pet dander before it becomes a problem an enters the air. Now, if your dog “FREAKS OUT”, and hates the vacuum cleaner, and you really want to use this on him, just hold them and pet them, and talk sweet to them while you brush them, and you can most likely talk them out of it. I like to play games with my two dogs, so the losing the “boogie man feature” is just too funny to give up for me.
These other two models run a close race, but being an owner of the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, I don’t believe you will find a better option for combating pet hair and pet dander on your floors and furniture.
Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Features
- Dyson Cinetic™ tips oscillate at up to 5000 Hz. Dyson claims that their technology has removed the need for filters, leaving you vacuum at its most powerful performance at all times, and reducing the need to rinse out the filters.
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head – This feature allows you to vacuum any surface without having to adjust the head to the best level for performance.
- The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball makes maneuvering around furniture and corners as easy as turning your wrist. No bigger, gaudy, awkward turns. (I’ve got to give it to them for this. This is a great improvement for upright vacuums.) The ball design can turn on a dime, and fixed wheels just won’t offer that.
4.This model packs a Certification from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, meaning that it has exceeded or passed their tests for being a worthy allergen aggressor.
PowerEdge® Pet Hard Floor Stick Vacuum | 81L2A: Features
- V-shaped design for edging super close to furniture legs and along baseboards
- Wipers at the base instead of rollers, made of hair-attracting material to pick up dust, dirt and pet hair
- Easily maneuver around objects, furniture, and even corners.
- Cyclonic airflow system makes it super easy to empty when you’re through.
Now it’s time to learn floor cleaning 101 before you make your vacuum purchase.
Being the second-largest continent in the world Africa has a plethora of life changing experiences. If you are looking for pyramids, ancient tombs, and temples, travel to Africa. If you are looking for all the wonders nature has to offer, like mountains, waterfalls, and canyons, you can find that too in the magnificent continent of Africa. Africa is made up of 54 countries. Each country has their own beauty and wonder to offer. When dealing with a place so vast, that offers so much it can be hard to choose what to do first. Whether you are able to visit all or just one, you would be hard pressed to be disappointed by any of the places listed here. This list of Africa’s must see spots is essential to completing your travel itinerary.
- Egypt – Abu Simbel
If it’s temples you seek, then look no further than the two temples at Abu Simbel, also known as, The Great and The Small. Built during the time of the Pharaoh Ramesses II, the temples were built in dedication to him and his wife, as well as the Egyptian gods. It is said that the land was sacred long before Ramesses had the temples built. Although there is some argument amongst historians as to when the temples were built, it is agreed that it took twenty years to create. Their location was so remote that they were unknown until 1813 when they were rediscovered.
- Namibia – Fish River Canyon
One of Africa’s many wonders lies in the country of Namibia. Engraved out of the Namibian desert, is the Fish River Canyon. This natural phenomenon isn’t a scene you will soon forget. If you are looking for a challenge you can take the four-day trek across the canyon during the cooler months between May and September. Along the way, you will see mountain zebra, wild horses, kudu, and more. Although tough, and only recommended to those in good physical health, it is said to be a rewarding experience.
- Egypt – The Great Pyramids at Giza
Most people have heard of The Great Pyramids at Giza. Along with the Sphinx, they are the most recognizable icons of Egypt. The Sphinx, a statue of a half-human, half-lion is considered to be one of the largest statues in the world. Unlike the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx was not made up of many pieces, but instead, it was carved from a single slab of limestone. At 66 feet tall and 240 feet long, no picture can do it justice.The Great Pyramids are the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Of the Seven Wonders, it is the only one mostly intact. Also, it is still a mystery as to how the Great Pyramid was built.
- Tanzania – Mount Kilimanjaro
Mount Kilimanjaro, also known as Kili, is 19,340 ft. above the African plains, making it the highest mountain on the continent. Mount Kilimanjaro is actually an inactive volcano, made up of three volcanic cones. Every year people make the climb up Kili. Once you reach the peak you are greeted by a spectacular view.
- Egypt – Valley of the Kings
Valley of the Kings is the resting place of Kings of Egypt and other elites. The Valley of Kings is located on the west bank of the Nile River. The tombs of the Valley were constructed over a period of almost 500 years. There are 63 royal tombs, none of which look the same. Among the 63 tombs is the burial site of Tutankhamun. Over the years, the tombs have been a big attraction site and unfortunately has been repeatedly looted. Most of the gems and other unique treasures have been stolen. It’s possible that more tombs will be discovered in the future, making it one of the most famous archaeological sites on the planet.
- Zimbabwe Border – Victoria Falls on the Zambia
On the borders of Zimbabwe and Zambia, you will find the Victoria Falls located on the Zambezi River. The Victoria Falls are the largest moving body of water on the planet Earth. “Mosi-oa-Tunya”, is what the locals call it, which means “smoke that thunders.” This name comes from the fact that you can hear the Falls from miles away and see pillars of spray. Of course, like in most other places around the continent many wildlife can be seen by the side of the Falls. Also, if you’re up for an adventure the Falls natural pools at the top on the Zambian side, are said to be relatively safe to swim in. It is said that during a full moon a lunar rainbow is visible when the light from the moon shines through the waterfall spray. This is definitely an experience that cannot be properly portrayed by a photograph.